Filled Under:
,

Tips to Making It Through the Tough Days in Fitness



Tips to making it through the mentally tough days in fitness.

I have my days. Lots of people will say to me "I don't know how you do it". How do I eat what I do, how do I train when I am exhausted. How do I do it? Everyone has a place in their own mind that they can go to focus, and make it through tough times. Make no mistake about it, there are and always will be hard days.
But. The difference is how you handle it.

This is what I do. This is what I am. I have a passion for the iron. I'm addicted to the war I have waged on myself to improve, to show others that it is possible. If you want me to succeed, tell me I can't do it. The more you say it isn't realistic, the more determined in my mind I am to make it happen. Push me and I will push back twice as hard. You may do something different, you may be good at something different. You may be good at golf, you may be good at landscaping. This is what I am good at. Being a bodybuilder, being a champion of my mind.

The first thing to look at is recognizing that you need to focus on the task at hand, and not the negative thoughts that can enter your mind. You need to realize that the choice that you make in that moment will determine the outcome that you will achieve. Every action you take from there on in is going to shape and mold your victory.

So will you cancel your workout? Or will you push through and prove to even yourself that you can do it. Will you look at your inner voice and smile, knowing you will silence it?

You see the war isn't on the outside with people, haters, bosses etc. The war is on the inside, and that's right where you want it to be because you can call the plays, you can control the shift in momentum. Realizing that and using it to fight the battle is the key to achieving what is possible. Over the last fifteen years being a drug free bodybuilder I have had my share of days that I do not want to play anymore, I don't want to diet, I don't want to do my cardio, and I sure don't want to push that food away that smells like heaven. But once I have strung together a few of the bad days and I have come out on top, I see that its OK and it will always be OK.

Secondly, know that one of the keys is that whatever you can think of, can be achieved. While you are going through the thoughts in your mind day to day, keeping the goal in mind will allow you to keep going when you think it's not worth it. There are loads of times, even daily, that I will be thinking "why am I doing this?" it takes me some time to remember my why, and the reasons I started this journey. I challenge you to do the same. You will have bad days even with things that you are passionate about, but I encourage you to remember why you started.

I challenge you to look for the goal, look for the reason why when you are "in the trenches" in your mind. Do not forget the why. Whether it's family, work, or your own personal reason, use it.It becomes more and more increasingly important to keep your faith in your vision and goal, and not stray from it along the path no matter what kind of challenges you face.

"Progress is impossible without change. Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." - George Bernard Shaw

Check us out at http://www.championofmind.ca for our affordable, flexible services.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mitch_Robinson




0 comments:

Post a Comment